1. RELEASE AND WAIVER: The volunteer, for him/herself and his or her legal representatives, spouse, heirs and assigns, does hereby release and forever discharge and hold harmless Art Conspiracy and its officers, directors, trustees, employees, agents, insurers and representatives, successors and assigns from any and all liability claims and demands of whatever kind of nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from Volunteer's Activities with Art Conspiracy. Volunteer understands that this Release discharges Art Conspiracy from any liability or claim that the Volunteer may have against Art Conspiracy with respect to any bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from Volunteer's Activities with Art Conspiracy, whether caused by the negligence of Art Conspiracy or its officers, directors, employees, or agents or otherwise. Volunteer covenants not to bring any action against Art Conspiracy for any such injury or damage. Volunteer also understands that Art Conspiracy does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide financial or other assistance including but not limited to medical, health or disability insurance in the event of injury or illness.
2. MEDICAL TREATMENT: Volunteer does hereby release and forever discharges Art Conspiracy from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first aid, treatment, or service rendered in connection with the Volunteer's Activities with Art Conspiracy. Volunteer authorizes Art Conspiracy to act, in its best judgment, on Volunteer's behalf in case of an emergency.
3. ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK: The Volunteer understands that the Activities may include work that may be hazardous to the Volunteer, including, but not limited to, organizing, cleaning, making artwork, staffing booths, moving furnishings and fixtures, loading and unloading supplies, and interacting with attendees at Art Conspiracy events. Volunteer hereby expressly and specifically assumes the risk of injury or harm in the Activities and releases Art Conspiracy from all liability for injury, illness, death, or property damage resulting from the Activities.
4. VOLUNTARY SERVICE: Volunteer understands and acknowledges that he/she may decline any volunteer role or position at any time if he/she feels such role or position presents a risk to health or safety or for any other reason. Volunteer agrees to advise Art Conspiracy of any preexisting conditions that would preclude involvement in any activity.
5. INSURANCE: The Volunteer understands that, except as otherwise agreed upon by Art Conspiracy in writing, Art Conspiracy does not carry or maintain health, medical, disability or Workers Compensation insurance coverage for any volunteer.
6. OTHER: Volunteer expressly agrees that the Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Texas, and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas. Volunteer agrees that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Release which will continue to be enforceable. Volunteer represents that he/she is 18 years of age or older.
PHOTOGRAPHIC RELEASE: Volunteer does hereby grant and convey unto Art Conspiracy all right, title and interest in any and all photographic images and video or audio recordings made by Art Conspiracy during the Volunteer's Activities with Art Conspiracy, including, but not limited to, any donations, proceeds, or other benefits derived from such photographs or recordings.